Friday 5 June 2009

Stakhanovite

Well, I was called 'Stakhanovite' today, and I had to go and look up the definition on Google - where else?

Apparently, it means that I achieve goals through putting in a lot of hard work, and I'll take that compliment!

Today Toastmasters Area that I have been supporting since July 1 2008 achieved President's Distinguished Area. A very proud moment, and one of the most respected members of the Area emailed me that it was due to my Stakhanovite efforts. Thank you, Brian, but this award belongs to everyone in Area 41, whether they be a long-serving member or one of the people that has joined in the past few weeks!

For anyone reading this who doesn't know what Toastmasters International is, you can find out more information at www.toastmasters.org or www.d71.org

Toastmasters International is the world's largest not-for-profit educational organisation, and the quickest acting and most cost-effective self-development programme in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment