Sunday 3 May 2009

Back from Holiday

Well, here I am back from holiday. A few weeks ago I sent round 25 random facts about me to all my Facebook friends, and someone suggested that I should start a blog.
I thought that I have too much else to do to write a blog, but I am going to give it a go.

Fuerteventura was an interesting little island that appears to be suffering from the recession, in that there were very few visitors there. However, I managed to meet a woman from Brighton who knows my ex-sister-in law, and a number of British holidaymakers who were fairly typical Brits, as indeed I suppose I am.

I returned home to the inspiring news that Barbara McLaughlin (a fellow Toastmaster from Cambridge) had completed the London Marathon and raised over 2K for the NSPCC. There was some uninspiring news on another matter from Toastmasters as well, but I am concentrating on positives in this blog - at least, I am today.

I return to work tomorrow after 10 days off - there will hopefully be news of the latest restructure. At least I have a job, I keep reminding myself! Hopefully that will still be the case tomorrow.

Toastmasters International is one of the best groups of people I have ever been involved with, and Wednesday evening I am hoping to be able to go to my second club, Huntingdonshire Speakers.

There is so much more to say - but I have the ironing to do, so will say more next time

1 comment:

  1. Great start G! I am restructuring my own blog, as I will be opening my own website very shortly. Watch this space! D :-)

    ReplyDelete